Monday, July 1, 2013

#MusicMonday - Delilah

courtesy of google
Here I am again, to help you all broaden your musical tastes.

This Monday, I have decided to feature a singer/songwriter from the UK -- you guys know how I feel about our fellow artists across seas and our neighbors above [Canada]... they are excellent.  She goes by the name Delilah and her voice reminds me of a little mixture between Duffy and Amy Winehouse -- both of whom I love dearly. 

courtesy of google
I came across her watching Fox's So You Think You Can Dance as a couple performed beautiful choreography to the tune "Go" and while watching it, I remember saying to myself "who is this woman singing this song?"  I was taken away.  I was so lost in the beat (and the dance made it even better).  As I usually do, I Shazam'd the track and took matters into my own hands then.  Finding out she had an album that dropped sometime last year, I immediately downloaded From the Roots Up because I had to see what this artist had to offer -- and I was not disappointed.


If you want to give her a try, listen to the track "Go" that was featured on So You Think You Can Dance last week.  You will not be disappointed.


 
 
For more on Delilah here are a few of her contacts:  twitter, facebook, and her official website.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment