Saturday, November 9, 2013

She's A What...?

courtesy of OOBMAG.com
 Today there was a spread posted on OOB's website [OOB is a French luxury magazine] showcasing the talents of the beautiful Tyson Beckford and a transgendered woman who goes by the name of Inès Rau.  The name of the layout is entitled On My Skin and features the two models in some pretty racy photos.  Photographer, Rodolfo Martinez, made a great effort to capture the rawness of the two with their beautifully contrasted bodies. 

Everybody knows I love me some Tyson Beckford.  He is amazing (both physically and mentally).  When I checked the discover tab of my twitter account today, I noticed that it was a rant going on about a recent shoot that he had done.  As I kept reading, I noticed that they were saying that the woman he had done the shoot with was transgendered, so I had to take a look.  I was just glad that it was not that transgender from America's Next Top Model, sir Isis. 

I think that this says a lot about, not only art or the direction modeling/photography is headed, but about how accepting beauty is no matter its original packaging.   I also think that it speaks great volumes for my boo Tyson as well, being a heterosexual male knowing the scrutiny he would receive once word was out.  It take a real man to be comfortable in his own skin, and he is doing a damn good job. 

A little more about Inès:  she went through with her transformation at the age of sixteen.  This is not her first major shoot neither.  She has posed for many other publications, such as Lurve and will be featured in an upcoming issue of Playboy's Art issue.  The bitch is bad though, so I won't even hate.  Actually, that picture at the top right, I want it in my bedroom over my bed -- beautiful.  Check the link for the full interview she had with models.com
 
 
courtesy of OOBMAG.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment