Monday, June 17, 2013

#Music Monday - Purity Ring


This is the time I get to put you all on some great [or at least what I think to be] music. Earlier this week, I was introduced to this song entitled "Fineshrine" by the Canadian band Purity Ring.  Comprised of two youngsters [Corin, 21 and Megan, 24] who started the band back in 2010, their airy sound is perfect for any occasion.  A good friend sent me the link saying that I might appreciate the song for what it was and boy what I ever. 

As I took a minute to search for the song via YouTube, I ran across their music video that debuted back in 2012 for the song "Fineshrine".  From the beginning, I was almost mesmerized by the beat.  I was lost [in a good way].  Then I heard this little timid voice come in to begin the chorus and I was immediately turned on.  "Get a little closer..." she uttered and I was hooked.  I shortly began spreading word via twitter to a few of my other musically inclined followers and they seemed to like it as well.

Purity Ring makes lullabies for the club... according to an article released on 4AD.  

Anywho, give them a listen and let me know what you guys think.  The music video is below for your enjoyment.


No comments:

Post a Comment