Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Dirty Laundry"


Love the track, just not as a single...

By now I'm sure you all have heard the drama-felt song by former Destiny's Child member, Kelly Rowland, entitled "Dirty Laundry". In the song she reveals her envy towards Beyoncé and introduces the world to a side that we only hear about, but never would have thought to have happen to a child of destiny. Yes. I am talking domestic violence. Such tragic events are unfortunate for the songstress, but like she said "when you make pain look this good it never wears out".

Although I enjoy the song, it's very deep. A little too deep for radio though. I don't see much radio play for this single but it's definitely album worthy. Listening to the track, she mentions being torn apart from her sister, B, being told that she didn't have love for her. It just made me think of "Destiny Fulfilled" and how the tracks "Girl", "Bad Habit", & "Through With Love" kind of tied into this track. As almost a prelude to what was to come, but what we didn't know is that it had already happened.

Needless to say, I am not here to discuss this track. I wanted to talk about the direction I feel she needs to go from here out. As usual, Kelly releases these singles waaaaay too far in advance of her actual album release date and they tend to lose buzz. As with "Commander" [which was released like a year before the album even dropped], "Dirty Laundry" isn't even hitting iTunes until Tuesday, May 21st. Either she should have kept it until Tuesday, or had an early release. She would have seen a big difference in record sales.

Regardless of the fact, I still want to see an epic video/visual for this single. I envision her lying on a therapist couch, just laid out with a bottle of preferably Hennessy or a nice whiskey just pouring her heart out in some lovely lingerie (all black, of course). As she is lying there, we need some reenactments playing on the back wall behind the couch as she is telling her story. This pitch is MONEY... mark my words!

Of course, the blogs were going bananas trying to figure out just whom she was referring to in regards to the domestic disputes, but there are no certainties. Speculation began to trickle around former NFL player & ex-fiancee, Roy Williams, but he made sure to clear his name. 


I am happy for her though. I wish her much success with this album, and hope to hear good things in the future. In the meantime, release another single because I am NOT playing this depressing shit in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment